[INDOLOGY] Against the petition against Prof. Pollock

Matthew Kapstein mkapstei at uchicago.edu
Sat Feb 27 16:28:09 UTC 2016

Dear Dominik,

Thank you for taking the care to pick this apart, but
I do not think that there is any question of "misunderstanding."

I believe that it is, rather, a manifestation of a willful misconstrual of contemporary Indology
and that we find also expressed in R. Jagannathan's "American Orientalism" piece
to which Nityanand Misra called our attention in a post to this list not long ago.

all best,
Matthew

Matthew Kapstein
Directeur d'études,
Ecole Pratique des Hautes Etudes

Numata Visiting Professor of Buddhist Studies,
The University of Chicago