[INDOLOGY] David Shulman has been awarded the Israel Prize

rajam rajam at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 17 02:17:47 UTC 2016

I’m very delighted to hear about this! David is an honest scholar of Indic studies. Colleagues from UofPenn may recall the times when David used to come to Penn every Wednesday to consult for Sundarar Thevaram with me. His translation of the Sundarar Thevaram (“Songs of the Harsh Devotee”) was published by the Department of South Asia Regional Studies, University of Pennsylvania. Professors Ludo & Rosane Rocher were very supportive of that venture.

http://www.amazon.ca/Songs-Harsh-Devotee-Tevaram-Cuntaramurttinayanar/dp/0936115076

The G of India should have honored him with a high award long time ago.

Regards,
rajam