[INDOLOGY] Dakkaravasini/Tamreshvari temple in Paya?

Paolo Eugenio Rosati paoloe.rosati at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 17:16:05 UTC 2016

Dear indologists,

today I read a D.C. Sircar contribute on ancient Assam history. He wrote that according with an inscription found in Paya (Arunachal Pradesh), there was an ancient Dakkaravasini/Tamreshvari temple which was obscured and replaced by the Dakkaravasini/Tamreshvari temple of Sadiya.
I'd like to know if anyone has ever been in Paya (near Tezu/Teju), and if there are archaeological evidences there. I'm going to Sadiya next week and if there is anything of interest I'll manage to get a PAP for Arunachal.

Best,
Paolo

Paolo E. Rosati
Oriental Archaeologist
PhD candidate in "Civilisations of Asia & Africa"
South Asia Section
Dep. Italian Institute of Oriental Studies (ISO)
'Sapienza' University of Rome

paoloe.rosati at uniroma1.it
paoloe.rosati at gmail.com
Mobile: (+39) 3387383472