[INDOLOGY] Tamil epigraphy database

a.murugaiyan a.murugaiyan at wanadoo.fr
Fri Dec 16 11:02:58 UTC 2016

We are pleased to announce our Tamil Epigraphy Database project, in
collaboration between the Tamil Virtual Academy, Chennai, India and the
UMR7528 Mondes iranien et indien, France.

*Title of the project*: /Tamil Epigraphy - Lexical and Grammatical
Database with Searchable engine /

*Calendar*: 2 years, August 2016 - July 2018.

*Aims of the project:*

·Preserving and archiving of Tamil epigraphical data in a digital form.

·Document a complete list of Tamil inscriptions recorded till date.

·Develop a lexical and grammatical database of inscriptions with
searchable engine(5th to 8th century CE)

·To develop electronic dictionaries of Tamil epigraphy and as a
complement to the existing Tamil Epigraphical dictionaries and glossaries.

·Contribute to develop research in Tamil historical linguistics and
other historical studies.

·The database and the research engine will be distributed as a free
resource under the terms of GNU General Public License.

*Principal investigator:*

Appasamy Murugaiyan, EPHE-UMR 7528 Mondes iranien et indien, France

*Co-investigators:*

1. Jan Kucera, Institute of South and Central Asia, Charles University,
Praha, Czech Republic.

2. Dr R. Poongundran, Epigraphist, Tamil Nadu, India

3. Dr Vasu Renganathan, Centre for South Asian Studies, University of
Pennsylvania, USA.

*For details, please check the link*:
_http://www.iran-inde.cnrs.fr/article430___

*Contact & information*: a.murugaiyan at wanadoo.fr