[INDOLOGY] a i and ai

Klaus Karttunen klaus.karttunen at helsinki.fi
Wed Apr 27 10:02:55 UTC 2016

Dear all,
in one-word cases the traditional way is to use trema in the second vowel: praüga. In Sanskrit this is rare, but in Prakrit very common. In mana-indriya- hyphen is OK, but not inside one word.

Best,
Klaus

Klaus Karttunen
South Asian and Indoeuropean Studies
Asian and African Studies, Department of World Cultures
PL 59 (Unioninkatu 38 B)
00014 University of Helsinki, FINLAND
Tel +358-(0)2941 4482418
Fax +358-(0)2941 22094