[INDOLOGY] Eating flesh of a jogi, a magician, a healer

Dean Michael Anderson eastwestcultural at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 25 16:35:21 UTC 2016

The place to look would be the texts and tales of "left-handed" tantra. I'm not familiar with the older texts but I do know that in places with famous burning grounds like Varanasi and Kathmandu the families guard the bodies to prevent tantriks from eating the flesh of the deceased. I have read about this in modern stories, and talked to people who have seen it. It is certainly very much still alive in the minds of modern Indians and Nepalis.

Best,
Dean Anderson