[INDOLOGY] Problems with DLI-downloader

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 16:59:08 UTC 2016

http://www.dli.ernet.in/ used to be unusable, but for the last few weeks
it's changed dramatically and it is now performing excellently.  A whole
book PDF in just a few seconds.

Also, there's an upgraded DLI somewhere, perhaps 6+ (haven't checked), and
I found it a bad upgrade because it now shouts constantly about funding.
One can't use it without having to sign up to a payment portal, and
although one can pay zero, one still gets annoying messages.  The older DLI
still works for me.  But with the improved ernet.in portal, I think the
java DLI downloader may become unnecessary.

Dominik

​