[INDOLOGY] Language names and Personal names ...

Lubin, Tim LubinT at wlu.edu
Mon Apr 11 18:06:35 UTC 2016

“English” is a common enough last name, though in neither case would I expect that the personal name reflects the language per se so much as the ethnic or regional identity (though these are closely linked anyway).  For an unscientific sample of the incidence of the name in the U.S., see:
http://www.whitepages.com/name/English

Best,

Timothy Lubin
Professor of Religion and Adjunct Professor of Law
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, Virginia 24450

http://home.wlu.edu/~lubint
http://wlu.academia.edu/TimothyLubin