[INDOLOGY] Language names and Personal names ...

rajam rajam at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 11 17:21:50 UTC 2016

Dear List Members,

Recently, there was a webmail entry in a Tamil forum about including a language-name in one’s personal name.

There are numerous personal names that include the word “Tamil” in some form. So, the author of the enquiry was wondering if there would be a similar practice in other languages. I know for sure that "English” is the last of name of some individuals I know.

Further examples and descriptions would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,
rajam