[INDOLOGY] Fwd: Re: early mathematics

Rosane Rocher rrocher at sas.upenn.edu
Wed Sep 2 19:41:35 UTC 2015

The /Saṅkhyāparimāṇa /might be worth a look.  It was the source of H. T.
Colebrooke's essay "On weights and measures" (/Asiatic Researches/ 6,
1798, 91–109, repr. in his /Miscellaneous Essays, /1873 ed., 2, 157–170;
omitted in the original edition, 1837).  Colebrooke's MS of this text is
in the former India Office collections, Eggeling, no. 5513).
/
/Best wishes,
Rosane Rocher