[INDOLOGY] Nyaya discussions on faulty examples

Eli Franco franco at uni-leipzig.de
Wed Sep 2 14:31:10 UTC 2015

If I remember correctly, this is not the Nyaya definition which says
that an "example" is what is accepted by the learned and unlearned. Of
course it is questionable whether dRSTAnta in the NS means example or
only "an obvious state of affairs." The definition you refer to would
appear for instance in the NyAyapraveza.
Best wishes,
Eli