[INDOLOGY] SanskritAccent - an accent generator

dhaval patel drdhaval2785 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 04:45:24 UTC 2015

Dear all,

We are happy to present before you our project SanskritAccent - a
computational simulation of फिट्सूत्रs.

*Expected outcome* -
1. The code converts an unaccented word into accented version with help of
फिट्सूत्रs.
e.g. कश्यप -> कश्य॑प.
2. The code also shows the फिट्सूत्र responsible for the accent (in this
case पान्तानां गुर्वादीनाम् ).

*Source code* - https://github.com/drdhaval2785/SanskritAccent/
*Online testing* -
http://www.sanskritworld.in/sanskrittool/SanskritAccent/accent.html

*N.B.* -
1. Currently we have considered only फिट्सूत्रs. धातुस्वरः, समासस्वरः and
प्रत्ययस्वरः are not incorporated as of yet.
2. Bug reports are welcome at
https://github.com/drdhaval2785/SanskritAccent/issues.
3. We have relied on three books - (1) zAntanava's phiTsUtras by F.
Kielhorn (2) svarasiddhAntacandrikA of zrInivAsayajvan and (3)
siddhAntakaumudI with subodhinI commentary.
4. Current version is version 1.0.1 (
https://github.com/drdhaval2785/SanskritAccent/releases/tag/v1.0.1)

*Sample image* -

[image: Inline image 4]

Thaking you,

Dr. Dhaval Patel, I.A.S and Shivakumari Katuri