[INDOLOGY] Ecology, Classical Knowledge System, and Social-political-religious Concerns

Mark McClish mark.mcclish at northwestern.edu
Wed Nov 18 19:12:09 UTC 2015

Niranjan,

You might find Thomas Trautmann's Elephants and Kings: An Environmental History (Oxford 2015) helpful.

Best,
Mark

On Nov 17, 2015, at 2:23 PM, Niranjan Saha <shrinsaha at gmail.com<mailto:shrinsaha at gmail.com>> wrote:

Dear Tyler,

Thank you so much for pointing out to me these two works on environmental history of India. While I need to prepare a half page write-up on the subject in a day or two, I'll see what ready-made material I could look at (for the time being).

Best,
Niranjan