[INDOLOGY] query [regarding the correct version of a defectively cited verse]

Martin Gansten martin.gansten at pbhome.se
Sun May 17 20:47:24 UTC 2015

Dear Ashok,

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on what is likely. Nāsāv
ṛṣir yasya mataṃ na bhinnam, :-) and there are many elements that may go
into an emendation. To me, the verse in question does indeed seem rather
cliché-like, making  the formulaic yāvac candraprabhākarau appear more
likely than it does to you. But of course I may be wrong.

Martin