[INDOLOGY] Gayatri mantras for Sarasvati

Harry Spier hspier.muktabodha at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 23:02:16 UTC 2015

Dear Colleagues,

I need to find Gayatri mantras to Sarasvati with their scriptural sources.
But in the Muktabodha digital library I was only able to find one gayatri
to  Sarasvati.  It was to nIlasarasvati in the tArArahasya..

oṃ nīlasarasvati dhīmahi sāradāyai vidmahe tannaḥ śive pracodayāt

1) Can anyone give me some more references to Gayatri mantras to Sarasvati

2)Any conjectures why Gayatri mantras to Sarasvati aren't more common in
the tantric literature.

Thanks,
Harry Spier