[INDOLOGY] Lance Cousins

Geoffrey Samuel SamuelG at cardiff.ac.uk
Fri Mar 20 01:50:28 UTC 2015

That is very sad news, particularly because so unexpected. I first got to know Lance nearly 50 years ago, when he was still a graduate student at Cambridge. He was my first real teacher in relation to Buddhist studies and much else, a generous scholar with an original and creative mind, and he has been a true friend over very many years. I shall miss him greatly, and I am sure that many others will also do so.

Geoffrey Samuel
University of Sydney; Cardiff University