[INDOLOGY] Sparkling new book on Vietnamese traditional medicine

jo gok-8 at spro.net
Tue Jun 30 22:53:50 UTC 2015

Dear all,
I hasten to post this book information FYI. Like ancient Indian and Greek
medicine, Chinese and (I'm guessing as I don't have the book yet) also
Vietnamese traditional medicine had a humoral basis. This is my excuse for
calling it to your attention on this list:
_Vietnamese Traditional Medicine: A Social History_, by C. Michele Thompson.
NUS Press, 2015. The delightful cover is from a painting specially created
for the author by Nguyen The Khang, based on a medical shop in his
neighborhood in the 20's and 30's.
http://nuspress.nus.edu.sg/products/vietnamese-traditional-medicine?variant=
1245118104
Available via U. Hawaii Press: