[INDOLOGY] Anukramanis - warning - mentions Talageri in passing

Jan E.M. Houben jemhouben at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 08:44:35 UTC 2015

Add to this that a reference to "the Anukramanis" *tout court* is usually a
reference to "criticlessly received" information of the anukramanis which
is integrated into a Veda-student's recitations: it is an element internal
to his tradition, a part of the AAGAMA which he has encountered on his
life-path.
Historical-critical studies of the Anukramanis in modern Indology by
western and Indian scholars -- modern Indology with its roots, inter alia,
in the works of Dutch pre-/proto-scientific indological scientists such as
Rogerius and van Rheede tot Drakenstein -- took necessarily as their basis
different anukramani-traditions as elements of what is past, ATIITA.
Both approaches have their value and may clarify each other.
Jan