[INDOLOGY] Politics of ICHR

Dipak Bhattacharya dipak.d2004 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 17:48:06 UTC 2015

<Most list members here already knew Latin and Greek before they embarked
on their philological studies, plus modern languages belonging to at least
two IE branches, say German and French, or Russian and English.>
It is forgotten that Comparative linguistics is a modern subject that
gained consensus in the second half of the 19th century. S.C.Vidya Bhushan
very quickly took up Grimm's law and its corollaries. Why see only one side
of the picture and try to create the impression that that is the true side?
The 'out of India' theory is trying to make a place for it -- I named only
a few of the scholars who took to Comparative linguistics - but it has not
yet got a place for it in philological research. Professor Koenraad's idea
that Indians do not learn French, Russian. Italian and German is, to say
the least, wrong. He should personally verify the situation..
DB.