[INDOLOGY] prof. or mr. or mrs. or ms. etc first name

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 04:26:16 UTC 2015

Its alright. These oversights happen with everyone of us.

Now ,coming to the point of discussion in the thread, when I went through
Prof. Pandurangi's mail, for an analysis in terms of this title in front of
first name or second name or no title at all, I was not able to see any
system or hierarchy in this matter in the mail.

Just curious to learn from the list members who speak English as their
mother tongue: is it considered insulting inside the English speaking
culture, if the title such as Mr or Prof is kept in front of the first
name? This was seriously an interesting piece of cultural information from
me. Learning such cultural nuances of English language appears to be a
never ending process for English learners like me.

--
Prof.Nagaraj Paturi
Hyderabad-500044