[INDOLOGY] Online Lecture Series on Jain Texts now available for viewing

Steven Vose svose at sas.upenn.edu
Mon Jun 15 18:06:20 UTC 2015

Dear Indology-jana,

The recently-concluded Online Lecture Series on Jain Texts, hosted by the Jain Studies Program at Florida International University, is now available for viewing on our website. The text addressed in these lectures is the Acaranga Sutra, the first anga of the Svetambara canon.

The website is: http://jainstudies.fiu.edu/online-lecture-series/ <http://jainstudies.fiu.edu/online-lecture-series/>

The speakers and topics of the lectures are:
Online Lecture Series on Jain Texts: Ācārāṅga Sūtra

May 16 - Professor Nalini Balbir (Sorbonne) Monastic Discipline in the Ācārāṅga Sūtra <https://connect.fiu.edu/p2hojb7vs19/>
May 23 - Professor Christopher Chapple (Loyola Marymount) Ethics of the Ācārāṅga Sūtra <https://connect.fiu.edu/p5g0tesahjy/>
May 30 - Professor Ellen Gough (Emory University) Enlightenment and Liberation in the Ācārāṅga Sūtra <https://connect.fiu.edu/p2f77k5sb8w/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMode=normal>
June 6 - Ven. Samani Unnata Pragya (JVBI) Mahavira in the Ācārāṅga Sūtra <https://connect.fiu.edu/p83dib3390r/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMode=normal>
Stay tuned for the next iteration of this series in the following academic year. I thank the many of you who expressed interest and support of this series.

With best wishes (and apologies for cross posting),
Steve

Steven M. Vose
Bhagwan Mahavir Assistant Professor of Jain Studies
Director, Jain Studies Program
Department of Religious Studies
Florida International University
11200 SW 8th St., DM 359-A