[INDOLOGY] Article about the politics surrounding indology at the IHRC

Nagaraj Paturi nagarajpaturi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 15:19:43 UTC 2015

Yes, you did not say anything like IVC is superior to Vedic or urban is
superior to pastoral/nomadic. As such, my words do not apply to your post.

I have been working on a shepherd community partly retaining its itinerant
life style partly settled, spread in Telangana, southern Andhra Pradesh and
Karnataka. Prof. Gunther Sontheimer worked on the Maarashtra side of the
topic, earlier to me.

This is, as you can understand, apart from my being one of those looking
back at the painful colonial past of my country.

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 4:35 PM, George Thompson <gthomgt at gmail.com> wrote:

> "Civilizational" is a word that is not a part of my personal lexicon.  I
> pointed out the IVC was urban whereas Vedic was pastoral/nomadic.  I
> expressed no evolutionist/racist views.
>
> George
>
> By the way, I am half Euro and half Siberian, and I know well what it is
> like to be a victim off racism.
>
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 5:07 AM, Nagaraj Paturi <nagarajpaturi at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Civilizational cultures are superior to/ achievements
>> over  non-civilizational/ pastoral is evolutionist. Evolutionism has racist
>> underpinnings.
>> Prof.Nagaraj Paturi
>> Hyderabad-500044

Prof.Nagaraj Paturi