[INDOLOGY] representation and misrepresentation: the case of A.L. de Chézy (1773-1815)

Jan E.M. Houben jemhouben at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 09:35:10 UTC 2015

For those interested in an attempt to evaluate A:L. de Chézy in his own
context of "Oriental Renaissance" (irrespective of whether or not we at
present feel inspired by this short lived European enthousiasm for India) I
have attached an abstract of my presentation at the Chézy colloque.
It's in French, and to facilitate cross-linguistic and cross-cultural
communication: the samgraha is in Sanskrit. I do not know whether the list
will accept and redistribute this attachment but in due course I will also
upload it on my academia.edu page.
jan houben

*Jan E.M. HOUBEN*

Directeur d’Études

Sources et histoire de la tradition sanskrite

*École Pratique des Hautes Études*

*Sciences historiques et philologiques *

54, rue Saint-Jacques

CS 20525 – 75005 Paris

johannes.houben at ephe.sorbonne.fr

https://ephe-sorbonne.academia.edu/JanEMHouben