[INDOLOGY] The so-called German Indology

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 12:48:25 UTC 2015

On 12 June 2015 at 14:15, Philipp Maas <philipp.a.maas at gmail.com> wrote:

> In reading these lines, I get quite puzzled. Are historical-critical
> methods in general flawed, or only when practiced by Germans?

​Only when practised by Germans, as any Italian would certainly answer :-)

​
(This refers to a running joke between some of us British, German and
Italian philologists here at the Vienna department.)

I suppose the Adluri & Bagchee book deserves a more serious response, but
I'm not interested personally.  How did this get by the commissioning
editor at OUP NY?

Best,
Dominik Wujastyk