[INDOLOGY] Tagore, Aurobindo, and Malhotra

Geoffrey Samuel SamuelG at cardiff.ac.uk
Tue Jul 28 05:12:29 UTC 2015

There is perhaps a distinction between being a spiritual practitioner and being an advocate. But in my experience neither excludes genuine scholarship, and I would regret it if people such as Howard were to feel they had to withdraw from the list. We need a plurality of perspectives.

In any case, I suspect there are quite a few people on the list who would have to withdraw if that criterion were applied systematically.

The level of rhetorical aggression displayed on the list over the last few days seems to me both inappropriate and thoroughly uncollegial.

Geoffrey