Re: [INDOLOGY] Tracing a verse in Kalhaṇa's Rājataraṅginī

Rohana Seneviratne rohana.seneviratne at orinst.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 23 12:13:37 UTC 2015

I am much grateful to Walter Slaje, Christophe Vielle, Roland Steiner, Dipak Bhattacharya and Madhav Deshpande, who very kindly provided me the reference and reading materials on it.

Now it is certain that the verse does not appear in the Rājataraṅginī as many works and websites erroneously mention. It is found first mentioned in the Sahyādrikhaṇḍa.
Thanking all of you again and the indology listserv,

Best Wishes,
Rohana
Rohana Seneviratne
DPhil Student in Sanskrit