[INDOLOGY] passion and dispassion

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Mon Jul 20 06:40:09 UTC 2015

<<But just as the refutation of unreason is a virtue, so too is humble
introspection. A thorough, dispassionate analysis of the Malhotra
phenomenon would include a scholarly, disapassionate examination of the
attitudes and assumptions of Indology toward objects, processes, and events
held sacred by lots of people.>>

Agreed, on some Malhotran points.

Yes: need for "humble introspection". But: no need for that on the side of
the representatives of the Sanskritic cultural sphere?

A "scholarly disapassionate examination of the attitudes and assumptions
of" the representatives of the Sanskritic  cultural sphere "toward objects,
processes, and events held sacred by lots of people".

Open demonstrations of disregard, deep contempt. Gatekeepers, encroachments
into the sphere of ideas punished.

Best,

Artur