[INDOLOGY] Malhotra's motives

Robert Zydenbos zydenbos at uni-muenchen.de
Sun Jul 19 11:24:15 UTC 2015

Richard Mahoney wrote:

> […] And who knows, RM may simply have read his sources so closely and
> intently that he came to make them his own. […]
> So perhaps N. &c. could to some degree feel flattered?  :)

I could not fail to notice that that odd website
https://traditionresponds.wordpress.com/ (made by heroically anonymous
"Independent Readers and Reviewers") presents itself as "Tradition
Responds" and a "Rebuttal of false allegations against Hindu scholarship".

If "Hindu scholarship" and "Tradition" mean that one may (or must?)
shamelessly copy stuff from Nicholson, Olender and who else (like
"Halfbass"), then one wonders what traditional Hindu scholarship and
tradition, in the eyes of those "Independent Readers and Reviewers", is
worth. Shame on them.

RZ

-- Prof. Dr. Robert J. Zydenbos Institute of Indology and Tibetology
University of Munich Germany