[INDOLOGY] Infinity Chair at Harvard

Stella Sandahl ssandahl at sympatico.ca
Sat Jul 18 17:25:47 UTC 2015

Dear all,
I don't wish to enter the debate re. Malhotra's alleged plagiarism of Andrew Nicholson,
whose book was sent to me for review. Sorry I didn't write one!
But I wonder if anyone could clarify what happened to the Infinity Foundation chair
at Harvard. It seems to have functioned only two years, 2001-2003. Why didn't it continue?
Does anyone know the reason for this?
Best to all
Stella Sandahl
--
Professor Stella Sandahl (emerita)
Department of East Asian Studies
ssandahl at sympatico.ca
 Tel. (416) 530-7755
Fax. (416) 978-5711

andhaµ tama˙ pravißanti ye ‘vidyåm upåsate tato bhËya iva te tamo ya u vidyåyåµ ratå˙ ||

B®hadåraˆyaka Upanisad IV.4.10

“Those who worship ignorance enter into blind darkness.  Those who are devoted to knowledge enter, as it were, into a greater darkness.”