[INDOLOGY] Religious Literature with Political Purposes

patrick mccartney psdmccartney at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 07:11:57 UTC 2015

The following might prove insightful to this discussion.

Wendy Doniger explores the term 'deshification' as a counterpoint to
Sanskritisation. She provides a succinct overview of the idea. I'm not sure
if it is her own idea or not?

If your copy was pulped or disappeared like a thief in the night then you
can scroll down and check pages 5-6 here
http://www.amazon.com/The-Hindus-An-Alternative-History/dp/014311669X#reader_014311669X
to read it for yourself.

All the best,

Patrick McCartney