[INDOLOGY] Vedic verse in Ortega y Gasset

Adheesh Sathaye adheesh1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 05:50:59 UTC 2015

Dear Colleagues,

If I may humbly take this rare opportunity to self-promote, in an upcoming monograph on Viśvāmitra (Crossing the Lines of Caste, OUP, May 2015), I’ve tried to layer both Vedic and post-Vedic/post-classical meanings of dhīmahi through the following translation:

“Let us place [within us/our minds upon]
that most desirable radiance of the Lord, the Sun,
Who may then stimulate our own insights.”

I hope that the respected members of this list might not find it entirely objectionable.

With best wishes,
Adheesh

—
Adheesh Sathaye