[INDOLOGY] Vedic verse in Ortega y Gasset

Paolo Magnone paolo.magnone at unicatt.it
Mon Jan 26 08:38:06 UTC 2015

Dear Elizabeth and Dipak,

Yes, the /sāvitrī /is what has been suggested privately by others too,
and indeed is what I had thought of in the first place, but given the
vaguenes of the resemblance I wanted to check if some Vedicists could
come up with something more appropriate. But after all, it may well be
the case that the /sāvitrī/ picked up from nth-hand literature is at the
bottom of it (especially, as Elizabeth notes and Dipak elaborates upon,
on account of its connection with the morning prayer).

With best wishes,
Paolo

--
Paolo Magnone