[INDOLOGY] Metrically restored Rgveda and traditional recitation

Dipak Bhattacharya dipak.d2004 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 15:16:11 UTC 2015

It is the metrically restored text which the Ṛk-Prātiśākhya enjoins for
recitation. I have heard the disyllabic recitation from at least two Vedic
reciters and was myself advised to do so with the few verses that I had to
learn to utter as a child. But I have not examined each and every case of
recitation.  I hope Professor Deshpande has the same experience

Best

DB