[INDOLOGY] Examples of very ambiguous devanagari Sanskrit sentences

dermot at grevatt.force9.co.uk dermot at grevatt.force9.co.uk
Thu Feb 12 14:28:42 UTC 2015

Dear Elliot,

Thank you for your comments. Thanks also to Camillo Formigatti for his precise (though
necessarily incomplete) observations on indications of word division in manuscript practice.

As you point out, I was wrong to say that    /  fulfils the requirement (Harry Spiers's,
not mine) of a sentence that is ambiguous in devanagari but not in roman.

With best wishes,

Dermot
,