[INDOLOGY] Tibetan Translations of Indian Texts

C.A. Formigatti caf57 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 2 11:32:50 UTC 2015

Dear James,

I don't know if somebody before me already suggested the following
sources—something which is very likely. If yes, sorry for posting it.
However, if not, you might want to have a look at them:

1) Indo-Tibetica 2,2: Rin c'en Bzan Po e la rinascita del Buddhismo nel
Tibet intorno al mille.

(View availability)
Author(s): 	Tucci, G.
Published: 	Roma, 1933.

On pp. 40-49 it contains a list of translations by Rin chen bzang po,
and on the following pages a couple of information about some of the
Pandits who worked with him. I believe there is an English translation
of this work.

2) Catalogue du fonds tibétain de la Bibliothèque nationale / par P.
Cordier.

Académie des inscriptions et belles-lettres, Paris.
Institut de France, Paris. Fondation Debrousse.
Published: 	Paris : Imprimerie nationale, E. Leroux, 1915.

The second and third volumes are downloadable at Gallica
(http://gallica.bnf.fr/Search?ArianeWireIndex=index&p=1&lang=EN&q=Cordier%2C+Palmyr+%281871-1914%29.+Catalogue+du+fonds+tib%C3%A9tain+de+la+Biblioth%C3%A8que+nationale&x=0&y=0)

Catalogue du fonds tibétain de la Bibliothèque nationale / par P.
Cordier. Partie 2, Index du Bstan-ḥgyur (Tibétain 108-179).

Catalogue du fonds tibétain de la Bibliothèque nationale / par P.
Cordier. Partie 3, Index du Bstan-ḥgyur (Tibétain 180-332).

I hope these two sources will prove helpful.

Best wishes,

Camillo Formigatti