Re: [INDOLOGY] Louis de la Vallée Poussin Memorial Volume ≠ IHQ 16, 1940

Christophe Vielle christophe.vielle at uclouvain.be
Sun Feb 1 11:40:39 UTC 2015

Dear List,

since apparently the exemplar of the University of Virginia ( https://books.google.be/books?id=XN4NAAAAYAAJ ) is not downloadable even from the USA (what I hoped, because from here it is only poorly searchable), I finally found the needed volume... on the DLI again and under the title
"louis de law valle poussin memorial volume" (sic, a mix of Narendra Nath LAW/LA Vallée Poussin?)
http://www.new1.dli.ernet.in/scripts/FullindexDefault.htm?path1=/data3/upload/0081/344&first=1&last=500&barcode=99999990226444
(the front-cover, if there was one, is apparently missing)
I attach the table of contents (the whole volume deserves to be uploaded to Archives.org ; sorry for being myself unable to do that and make combined .pdf with the DLI stuff)
Thank you to all who kindly have tried to help,
Best wishes,
Christophe

Début du message réexpédié :

> De: Christophe Vielle <christophe.vielle at uclouvain.be>
> Objet: [INDOLOGY] Louis de la Vallée Poussin Memorial Volume ≠ IHQ 16, 1940
> Date: 30 janvier 2015 21:53:01 UTC+1
> À: Indology <indology at list.indology.info>
>
> Dear List,
>
> I would be interested in a .pdf copy of Louis de la Vallée Poussin Memorial Volume, ed. Narendra Nath Law, Calcutta (Oriental Press), 1940:
> https://books.google.be/books?id=XN4NAAAAYAAJ
> https://books.google.be/books?id=ii35GwAACAAJ
> where there is e.g. the following article :
> - L. Renou "Identity of the two Patañjalis" pp. 368-373
> and several other interesting articles
>
> all these articles were also included, in a different place, within the Indian Historical Quarterly vol. 16  of 1940
> (but not in the fasc. 1 and 4 available through
> http://www.southasiaarchive.com/Content/sarf.120027 not free of charge)
> (from here Hathi Trust offers a limited search only for the IHQ)
> http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/000050121
> Only the DLI exemplar seems therefore available :
> http://www.new1.dli.ernet.in
> http://www.new1.dli.ernet.in/scripts/FullindexDefault.htm?path1=/data2/upload/0055/431&first=1&last=959&barcode=4990010201279
> e.g. L. Renou "Identity of the two Patañjalis" is in the IHQ volume at the pp. 586-591
>
> Best wishes
>
> Christophe Vielle

> Christophe Vielle
> Louvain-la-Neuve