Re: [INDOLOGY] Regarding a possible etymology of the name Gheraṇḍa

Vlad Sovarel vlad.sovarel at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 23 16:25:32 UTC 2015

Dear Dipak,
Thanks for your answer/opinion.I had to ask the community before considering it an avyutpannaśabda, taking also into consideration a non-OIA origin.
Yours,Vlad

    On Wednesday, December 23, 2015 5:24 PM, Dipak Bhattacharya <dipak.d2004 at gmail.com> wrote:

 An OIAetymology, though always possible to invent, will be uncalled for according tome.  It may better pass as an avyutpannaśabda.So also with the etymology of Cheranga/Chowrangi, name of sage associated withHaṭhayoga.
DB