[INDOLOGY] Second-syllable rhyming in Dravidian

Jean-Luc Chevillard jean-luc.chevillard at univ-paris-diderot.fr
Sat Aug 8 08:46:29 UTC 2015

Dear Professor Paturi,

are you in agreement with the statements made by Dr R. Nagaswamy?

There would be much to say about the topics which he deals with (and
espacially on the distinction to be made between what the Tolkāppiyam
says and what the commentators say) but a mailing list is probably not
the best place for such an exchange, which might become time-consuming.
Therefore I shall not comment further.
I feel I have already posted too much today...

You might want to have a look at a small article I wrote on the topic of
the use of yamaka in one of the hymns of Tēvāram:

"https://www.academia.edu/6732111/The_use_of_polysemy_for_word_play_in_ancient_Tamil_literature_and_the_traditional_tools_available_for_dealing_with_it"

Best wishes

-- Jean-Luc Chevillard (in Pondicherry)

"https://univ-paris-diderot.academia.edu/JeanLucChevillard"