[INDOLOGY] Dr. Albrecht Hanisch (1963–2015)

Dragomir Dimitrov dimitrov at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sat Aug 1 09:07:29 UTC 2015

Dear colleagues,

It is my painful duty to convey to you the sad news of the death of our
fellow student and former colleague Dr. Albrecht Hanisch. After a prolonged
illness, at the age of 51, he passed away peacefully on July 26, 2015 in Bad
Harzburg, Germany. Albrecht studied in Marburg theology, indology, and
tibetology. In 2000 he earned his doctorate under Professor Michael Hahn
(1941–2014) with a work on Āryaśūra's Jātakamālā. From 2007 until 2014 he
worked as a local representative of the Nepalese-German Manuscript
Cataloguing Project and an acting director of the Nepal Research Centre in
Kathmandu, Nepal. His friends and colleagues will miss him.

A memorial service will take place on August 15, 2015 at 4 p.m. in Bad
Harzburg. Relatives, friends, and colleagues are cordially invited to attend.

Condolences may be sent to Albrecht's wife Anna Hanisch
(annakbhanisch at googlemail.com).

Kind regards,
Dragomir Dimitrov

   Dr. habil. Dragomir Dimitrov
   Indologie und Tibetologie
   Philipps-Universität Marburg
   Deutschhausstr. 12
   D-35032 Marburg
   Germany

   Tel.: +49 6421 28 24640, +49 178 9190340
   E-mail: dimitrov at staff.uni-marburg.de
   http://www.uni-marburg.de/indologie