[INDOLOGY] cArvAka/lokAyata

Eli Franco franco at uni-leipzig.de
Tue Apr 21 14:35:36 UTC 2015

Hi Matthew,
There a very few inscriptions which mention Lokayata. See:
B.A.Saletore, "Historical notices of the Lokayatas", ABORI 23, 1942,
386-397. As I recall, no specific teachers were mentioned.
Sorry for this late response; I was travelling.
Best wishes,
Eli

--
Prof. Dr. Eli Franco
Institut für Indologie und Zentralasienwissenschaften

Ph. +49 341 9737 121, 9737 120 (dept. office)
Fax +49 341 9737 148