[INDOLOGY] Bodhisatta vs. the Big Stick

Herman Tull hermantull at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 17:59:53 UTC 2015

Dear Charles,

I showed the film in the intro Buddhism class I teach at Lafayette College
(Easton, PA, USA).  It was a big hit...generating a wonderful discussion
that ranged from ideas about Buddhist texts to Aristotle and Galileo (we
made the comparison of the "science" behind the dropping of two balls of
uneven weight to the heavy/light side of the stick).

Thanks for the heads up on the film. It was a terrific addition to my class
(and the perfect length for a college class...leaving us sufficient time
for discussion).

For those considering using the film, know also that it is visually quite
stunning.

Herman Tull

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 10:58 AM, Charles Li <cchl2 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I recently made a short film about a story in the Pali Jatakas featuring
> Margaret Cone, whom some of you might know. It premiered at the Cambridge
> Science Festival at the beginning of March and is now available on YouTube:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DprKj8OXCq4&list=PLoEBu2Q8ia_
> OwPszaJFmkI1SFVj5d5oB7&index=11
>
> Hope you enjoy it.
>
> Charles