[INDOLOGY] Source of "nAdevo devam arcayet"

Dr. T. Ganesan ganesan at ifpindia.org
Mon Sep 29 09:00:51 UTC 2014

nAdevo devamarcayet might be a general statement; but in the ancient
unpublished text of Sivadharma, there is a passage:

na-rudrah. sam.smared rudram. na-rudro rudram arcayet .

na-rudrah. ki-rtayed rudram. na-rudro rudram a-pnuya-t  .. (Sivadharma,
1: 25)

This idea and the passage may be the basis for all later views expressed
in the same fashion.

Ganesan