[INDOLOGY] Typing vedic accents in Windows and Mac systems

Dipak Bhattacharya dipak.d2004 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 10:53:13 UTC 2014

23.9.14

Thanks! Somehow, I find MSW with improvised shortcuts quite handy. But I
thank you for the kind words and the programme!

By the way, I apprehend some problems. The nasal sign of a dotted
half-circle [[image: Inline image 2]] over vowels works in MSW Devnagari
but cannot be typed as a standing sign when typing in Roman. For this the
processor Baraha is useful. It is Unicode compliant and had to be purchased
with Credit Card. The rules might have changed now, I do not know.

Another way of doing that is to reverse the dot used with m for anusvāra.
Thus if one is typing ṃ for anusvāra, for the nasal vowel one may type <*l*
*ṁ**l**a*> and then add in brackets (ल्ँल).

Apology for unsolicited advice.

I am eager to know if the figure in Paint came in the mail.

Best

DB