[INDOLOGY] Available Works on Bhaskara's Brahmasutrabhashya

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Sun Sep 21 19:52:04 UTC 2014

Hello Dr. Freschi,

     Could you please provide the web reference for Takahiro Kato's PhD
thesis?  Thanks.

Madhav Deshpande

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 1:43 PM, Elisa Freschi <elisa.freschi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Niranjan,
>
> are you talking about critical works on the Bhasya or further editions or
> translations? If the latter, you need to have a look at Takahiro Kato's PhD
> thesis (available on line), which contains a facsimile of van Buitenen's
> unpublished edition of the first chapter of the Bhasya and, more
> importantly, Kato's own, further improved edition of the same. See also
> Kato's forthcoming article on jnanakarmasamuccaya in Bhaskara (to be
> published soon on Indologica Taurinensia) and Kato 2010 (WZKS) on van
> Buitenen's edition.
>
> Best,
>
> elisa
>
> On Sunday, September 21, 2014, Niranjan Saha <shrinsaha at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear list members,
>>
>> Namaskar!
>>
>> I'd be greatful if any body could point out me the available works on
>> Bhaskara's Brahmasutrabhashya (I do have the original bhashya but need to
>> know the availability of other works made on this bhashya either in Hindi,
>> English or in any other Indian languages).
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Niranjan Saha
>>

> --
> Dr. Elisa Freschi
>
> Institute for the Cultural and Intellectual History of Asia
> Austrian Academy of Sciences
> Apostelgasse 23
> 1030 Vienna
> Austria
> Phone +43 1 51581 6433
> Fax +43 1 51581 6410
> http://elisafreschi.com
> http://oeaw.academia.edu/elisafreschi

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor of Sanskrit and Linguistics
Department of Asian Languages and Cultures
202 South Thayer Street, Suite 6111
The University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-1608, USA