[INDOLOGY] Commentary to the Majjhimanikaya

Rupert Gethin Rupert.Gethin at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Oct 29 16:10:44 UTC 2014

I am tempted by the instant response to my request for Schayer's article
to send another request for help. I suspect this may be more
challenging. Does anyone out there have access to a particular Burmese
edition of the Papañcasūdanī: Rangoon: Maṇḍine Piṭaka Press, 1921. This
was used by I.B. Horner in preparing her PTS edition in 1934. The other
two editions she used are relatively easy to locate in various
libraries, but I haven't been able to locate a copy of this one.

The portion I am interested in is the commentary to the
Mahākammavibhaṅga-sutta (PTS edition Ps V 15–21), in particular the
paragraphs corresponding to PTSe Ps V 20,5-21,3. Horner indicates a
lacuna in this Burmese edition that I would ideally like to verify.

If someone did have access to this and were able to scan the relevant
pp. I would be extremely grateful.

With best wishes,

Rupert Gethin

University of Bristol