[INDOLOGY] Any Buddhist ideas esp. in Pali Canon re genetic inheritance?

jo gok-8 at spro.net
Sun Oct 26 17:39:23 UTC 2014

Dear List,

I mean to say, genetically inherited health conditions where explanations or
thoughts about this are not merely allusions to bad consequences from
previous lives' sins?

That is, I  wonder if any commentators would have observed how such health
problems appeared over, say,  2-3 generations in the same extended families.
I'm excluding terminal deformities from said health conditions. Was diabetes
known, for ex.? Severe joint syndromes?

(However, maybe people didn't live long enough to compare.)

Best wishes,

Joanna Kirkpatrick

[retired]