[INDOLOGY] Russian 14 cent. Birchbark MSS from Novgorod

Klaus Karttunen klaus.karttunen at helsinki.fi
Thu Oct 23 10:04:53 UTC 2014

In Scandinavia and Russia birch bark was formerly used for many kinds of handicrafts, so bark was commonly collected and thus easily available.
Best,
Klaus

Klaus Karttunen
South Asian and Indoeuropean Studies
Asian and African Studies, Department of World Cultures
PL 59 (Unioninkatu 38 B)
00014 University of Helsinki, FINLAND
Tel +358-(0)2941 4482418
Fax +358-(0)2941 22094