[INDOLOGY] (no subject)

Antonio Ferreira-Jardim antonio.jardim at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 01:07:07 UTC 2014

Prof Wujastyk is correct. Section 22 of the Copyright Act - India
(1957) generally prohibits reproduction for up to 60 years from the
death of the author. The Act does not discuss critical editions.

However, Prof Bhattacharya might benefit from being aware on an
exemption in s52 of the Act at (1)(o) which permits a public library
to make up to three copies of a work that is not available for sale in
India.

Kind regards,
Antonio Ferreira-Jardim