[INDOLOGY] Nepal reading list

David Fiordalis dv.fiordalis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 19:06:06 UTC 2014

Dear Vanessa,

I, too, am taking students to Nepal (and Bhutan) this coming year (in
January). :-)

Of the various things you might check out, and which haven't yet been
mentioned, I would recommend the work of Mark Liechty. His book, *Out Here
in Kathmandu*, is great. He also has a short, accessible piece (with the
same title) in the edited volume,* Everyday Life in South Asia*.

I can give you some further suggestions offlist, if you like.

Dave Fiordalis
Linfield College