[INDOLOGY] Hultzsch's "Inscriptions of Aśoka" on archive.org

Artur Karp karp at uw.edu.pl
Wed Oct 1 17:33:43 UTC 2014

Dear List,

In connection with my work on Aśoka’s Edicts I ordered several years ago a
professional scan of Eugen Hultzsch’s monumental “Inscriptions of Aśoka”
[1925].  Thanks to Dominik Wujastyk the “Inscriptions” are now made
available to Indological and Buddhological community - the scan has been
placed by him on archive.org:

https://archive.org/details/InscriptionsOfAsoka.NewEditionByE.Hultzsch

and is also linked to the OpenLibrary:

https://openlibrary.org/books/OL6683747M/Inscriptions_of_Asoka

The *.pdf of the “Inscriptions” is fully searchable.

My thanks to Dr. Wujastyk, once again, and

with Best Wishes,

Artur Karp

Senior Lecturer in Sanskrit and Pali (ret.)

South Asian Studies Deptt

Oriental Faculty

University of Warsaw

Poland